The 602 Lynx Wing is now hiring a permanent part time server. The position requires shift work (days, nights and weekends). Serve it right is required, but can apply without and will be required to obtain.
Will work with and train the right candidate for the position. Must be flexible, and able to co-ordinate, bartending/cooking/serving and cleaning duties, at a private members club.
We are looking for professional, high-energy bartenders with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
A bartender is a person who serves drinks and provides hospitality to customers in a bar or nightclub.
Bartenders provide all the necessary drink-making equipment and ingredients (such as glassware, ice, and mixers) and prepare mixed drinks, liquors, beers, shots of selected liquors, wines, sake (Japanese rice wine), shōchū (Japanese distilled liquor), ciders and other beverages. They usually work closely with the head bartender or restaurant manager to uphold quality assurance.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.
- Serving customers
- Mixing alcohols
- Maintaining supplies
- Restocking bar area
- High school diploma.
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Royal Canadian Air Force Association