Job Purpose: Bus Driver is responsible to provide safe and efficient transportation to and from school and school-related activities, working as part of a team to contribute to the growth and development of children and youth.
We are searching for lively, highly organized bus drivers to ensure the safe transport of our passengers. To this end, the shuttle bus driver will be required to determine the collection and drop-off points for each trip, and adhere to the vehicle’s passenger limit. You should also keep a log of absent passengers.
To be successful as a bus driver, you should demonstrate strict adherence to schedules and transport-related legislation. Ultimately, an extraordinary shuttle bus driver will be able to diagnose and remedy basic mechanical issues that may arise.
- Collating and editing transport schedules based on passengers’ needs.
- Arriving at collection points prior to departure times.
- Confirming that all passengers are present, and recording no-shows.
- Ensuring adherence to passenger limits, both seated and standing.
- Avoiding high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible.
- Separating physical fights and calming verbal altercations, as needed.
- Recording and reporting all major accidents and incidents to your supervisor.
- Checking that passengers disembark at the correct destinations, and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the shuttle bus is fueled, well-maintained, and presentable at all times.
- Observing all relevant traffic and safety laws.
- Certified to transport individuals via shuttle bus.
- Previous experience driving groups of people.
- Outstanding knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes.
- First Aid training is preferred.
- Excellent route planning abilities.
- Great improvisational skills.
- Amicable and optimistic disposition.
- Working knowledge of pertinent car maintenance and restoration techniques.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Must hold and maintain a Class 1-5 Driver’s License and valid School Bus Endorsement
training is available for non-licensed school bus drivers
Clear driver’s abstract, with no major infractions
A current Drivers Abstract from SGI detailing all (personal and commercial) driving records for the last 5 years must be submitted with your application
Satisfactory medical examinations in accordance with The Highway Traffic Act
First Aid Certification or be willing to obtain one at Prairie Valley School Division’s expense.
Full time bus routes are paid at daily base rate of $50.11 plus a per km rate calculated at $0.187/km
The mileage for this route is paid at the minimum of 90 kms and takes approximately 2.5 hours per day
Drivers with young children may take their children with them on the bus
Commencing January 3, 2022 and ending June 28, 2022
Working in varied climates and differing road conditions
Physical ability to load and unload students in wheelchairs may be required.
Prairie Valley School Division
3080 ALBERT STREET NORTH
For the full job description, please visit www.pvsd.ca. For further details of the position, please contact Transportation at 306-949-6566 or email@example.com.