We are looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently.
Seeking an motivated individual for the position of cashier at the North Battleford Home Hardware.
This individual must possess excellent customer service as well as a friendly and positive attitude.
Duties will include: processing sales, shift balances at the end of shift, assisting customers with inquiries both in person and over the phone, assisting with placing stock on shelves, general housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how cash registers operate. You should also be available to take evening and weekend shifts occasionally.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- Bag, box or gift-wrap packages
- Handle merchandise returns and exchanges
- Work experience as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Basic PC knowledge
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- High school degree
How to Apply?:
Home Hardware Building Centre – North Battleford