We are looking for Chefs to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
R&A Restaurants Ltd. o/a Copper Kettle Restaurant & OHanlons located on 1953 Scarth Street, Regina, SK S4P 2H1 is currently looking for a Chef. Pay will be $19.00 – $22.00 per hour, depending on experience. This is a permanent full time position with minimum 40 hours per week. We will also consider candidates who wish to work part-time for this position.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
Plan, direct and supervise food preparation and cooking activities in restaurant
Consult with customers regarding specialty functions and arrangement
Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
Estimate food requirements and estimate food and labour costs
Supervise activities of cooks and other kitchen staff
Preparing and cooking food on a regular basis when required.
Recruit and hire staff
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
The Copper Kettle
Please email your resume at email@example.com or mail to 1953 Scarth Street, Regina, SK S4P 2H1.