We are looking for dedicated cooks to prepare high-quality meals in accordance with food health and safety regulations and company standards. The cook’s responsibilities include following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders, organizing workstations, and assisting other cooks as needed. You should also be able to ensure that the refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy.
To be successful as a cook, you should be able to use various cooking techniques and methods to prepare meals that meet our customers’ expectations. Ultimately, a top-notch cook should be able to handle multiple food orders without compromising on quality.
Location: Emerald Park, SK
Wages: $13.50 to $14.50 / hour (To be negotiated)
Position Available: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours/ week **Part timers are welcome**
Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: **Free food during shift hours**
Employment conditions: On call, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
- Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items.
- Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes.
- Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage.
- Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
- Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed.
- Ensuring that cooking utensils are clean before each use.
- Cleaning and sterilizing food preparation areas.
- Assisting other cooks to ensure that food orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Efficiently resolving problems with customers’ orders.
- Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- ServSafe food handling certification is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques.
- Proven experience working as a Cook.
- The ability to follow recipes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication skills.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Specific Skills: Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods, Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies, Inspect kitchens and food service areas, Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food, Order supplies and equipment, Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment, Clean kitchen and work areas, Organize and manage buffets and banquets, Manage kitchen operations
Work Setting: Restaurant
DAIRY QUEEN EMERALD PARK
Dairy Queen Emerald Park
How to apply
By email: email@example.com
In person: 7 A Great Plains Road
Emerald Park, SK S4L 1B6
from 12:00 to 16:00
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.