We are looking for Dining Room Servers who will be responsible for taking orders from and serving food to customers. Duties will mostly include taking food and drink orders and writing them down on order slips, and ensuring that tables are served properly and that all payments are collected.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure with bussers, cooks, and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is greatly desired.
The responsibilities of the Dining Room Server include but are not limited to:
Serving of Meals and Beverages
Cleaning and setting of the dining room before and after meals
Preparation for the meal such as coffee brewing, keeping the table condiments stocked.
This position also includes dish washing and general kitchen sanitation along with some heavy lifting
The successful candidate should be a team player, reliable, able to multi-task, and courteous to our residents, guests and other staff members
Food safe is required.
First aid is an asset
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from tables.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with bussers, cooks, and other staff.
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver orders in a timely manner.
YORKTON CROSSING RETIREMENT COMMUNITY