We are looking for a full time Early Childhood Educator to care for a group of toddlers.
The successful candidate should be energetic, creative, and reliable.
ECE Level II or III is required as well as a criminal record check and first aid and CPR certification.
We are looking for a certified early childhood educator who can effectively address the needs of 3 to 6-year-old children in a school environment. The early childhood educator is responsible for providing developmentally appropriate programs that are aligned with national norms of the state.
To be a successful early childhood educator, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children. Ultimately, an outstanding early childhood educator should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents.
- Meeting with The Head of Department and Principal on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Education Department and State.
- Bachelor’s degree in early child development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field.
- Ability to exercise patience when interacting with children.
- A caring and approachable nature.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Own transportation
– Public transportation is available
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– First Aid Certificate
– Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
– Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
Early Childhood Education Skills
– Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
– Assess the developmental level of children
– Knowledge of licensing regulations
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
– Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them
– Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
– Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children
– Day-care centre
Work Location Information
– Urban area
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
CREATIVE CORNERS CHILDCARE CENTRE