Welcome to this detailed article on how you can immigrate to Canada as a professional welder. This article covers all you need to know about the immigration process. At the end of this article, we hope you will be able to start your Canada visa application immediately.
Are you’re a professional welder currently working in a foreign country outside Canada? Are you interested in moving to Canada to continue your profession as a welder? If YES! Then we must say that you are very lucky. This is because Canada is interested in accepting welders under the skilled worker visa program. This program is designed to enable skilled workers like you immigrate to Canada without much hassle. Welding is a highly demanded skill in the world today, so moving into Canada as a welder won’t be a problem if you meet with the eligibility criteria’s.
Job description for welders
As a welder, you will be charged with using your welding skills in solving construction problems. Welders are highly involved in assembling metal structures, cutting shapes and building metal structure according to the client’s specification. Welders in Canada earn between 30,000CAD to 50,000CAD yearly.
Other similar professions include:
- Electric arc welding
- Laser welding
- Aviation welder
- Production welder
- Welder & fitter
Requirements for welding operations in Canada
To work as a welder in Canada, you need to meet with the below requirements:
- You must have a secondary school certificate
- You must have at least 3 years of working experience either as a full time worker or an apprentice.
- You must have obtained a red seal endorsement
- You must have acquired a trade certification
Immigrate to Canada as a welder using this step by step process
- Hire an immigration lawyer: The first and highly recommend process to immigrate to the United States is through an immigration lawyer. This is because, there are lots of documents and requirements to be submitted and the immigration lawyer will help you achieve this without much hassle.
- Choose a province to reside: This is very important to determine the requirements needed for welder in the province. This is because, each province comes with a different requirement for welders, so you have to be sure about the requirements in the province you want to work in.
- Obtain a welding license: The last step is getting a license to practice welding in the state/province you intend working.
Visa programs available for welders migrating to Canada
Express entry: The Canada express entry program is a program designed to allow skilled foreign nationals with innovative and brilliant minds to move into Canada. However, in other for you to be considered for this program, you skill needs to be among the Skill level O, A or B.
The express entry is a system, based on point ranking using the express entry pool. The express entry system uses an express entry score which is based on different factors that include:
- Level of Work experience
- Language skill and proficiency
- Educational Level
Provincial nominee program: This program is designed to allow foreign nationals with skills that are needed in a particular province. Before applying for this program, you will need to have a valid job offer from an employer resident in Canada.
Are you interested in moving to Canada, if yes? We can help you achieve your dream. Kindly check out our home page for more information.