The Meadow Lake Housing Authority (MLHA) is currently recruiting a Maintenance Technicians to join their team. If you have initiative, the ability to multitask, great communication skills, and thrive in a team environment, we have a position that may be of interest to you!
We are on the hunt for talented and reliable maintenance technicians to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, hydraulic systems, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
What youll do:
General cleaning and maintenance of properties
Participate in an on-call system
Perform minor repairs on appliances, fixtures, etc.
Perform minor plumbing work (i.e. installation of taps/toilets, repair sewer problems, etc.)
Painting (i.e. patching, sanding, mudding, taping, painting, etc.)
Complete requisitions and keep records of work performed
What were looking for:
The ability to use hand and small power tools
Recognition of and respect for peoples diversity and individual differences
Demonstrated reliability, initiative and good judgement
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to maintain confidentiality
What you’ll need:
Grade 12 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
3 years of relevant experience
Basic working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical
The ability to participate in standby emergency schedules for evenings, weekends and holidays
A valid drivers license and use of your own vehicle.
Criminal Record Check will be required
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Help develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
Saskatchewan Housing Authorities
An excellent benefits package including pension is offered.