Davis Rexall Drugs located in Nipawin, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Pharmacy Assistant. The successful candidate must be available to work up to 40 hours per week The store is open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 6pm The successful candidate shifts will fall between these days and times.
We are looking to hire an efficient pharmacy assistant to perform all clerical duties required for the efficient running of the pharmacy. The pharmacy assistant’s responsibilities include creating and maintaining patient files, placing orders for pharmaceutical supplies, and operating the cash register. You should also be able to direct patients’ medication-related questions to the pharmacist.
To be successful as a pharmacy assistant, you should be able to receive and unpack new stock delivered by suppliers. Ultimately, an outstanding pharmacy assistant should ensure that shelves are properly stocked and organized and that work areas are always clean.
We offer a full suite of benefits, pension, life insurance, disability, employee assistance program, etc.
- Taking inventory of all medication and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Processing sales transactions for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Directing all questions relating to prescriptions, health matters, or medications to the pharmacist.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Restocking shelves with medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Accurately typing and printing out prescription labels.
- Attending to emails and fax messages.
- Ensuring that work areas are organized and clean.
Pharmacy Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience assisting in a pharmacy.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.