We are looking for an energetic and customer service-oriented sales clerks to work in our store. The sales clerk is responsible for packing shelves, ringing up items for customers and keeping track of inventory.
To be successful as a sales clerks you must have excellent interpersonal skills. A good sales clerk is patient and professional with customers at all times.
- Greet customers.
- Answer customers’ questions.
- Locate items for customers.
- Monitor inventory.
- Ring up items for customers.
- Elevate feedback from customers to management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to remain calm with difficult customers.
- Prior experience in retail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexible work hours.
– Reading text
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Finding information
– Continuous learning
– Set up displays of merchandise in windows or display cases
– Operate cash register
– Work with minimal supervision
– Customer service oriented
– Process money, cheque and credit/debit card payment
– Provide advice about merchandise
– Suggestive selling
– Own transportation
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
Type Of Experience
– Cash and carry store
– Hobby and novelty store
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
General duties such as operating a cash register, pricing stock and merchandising. We have an energetic and fun atmosphere.
Must be available for days and weekends.
Looking for someone who is outgoing, responsible and motivated.
Grade 12 education preferred.
Experience is an asset, but employer willing to train.
Your Dollar Store With More
445 MAIN ST