We are looking for friendly and experienced Taxi drivers to join our company. The taxi driver’s responsibilities include collecting clients, transporting them to their destinations, and processing payments. You should also ensure that each journey remains safe and pleasant.
Looking for personable customer service-oriented people with a clean driving record to do local/out of town Taxi service work in and around Swift Current
Well experienced owners (and other team members) to help you in every facet of your job 24/7
Competitive hourly pay plus gratuities (tips)
Company pays fuel and vehicle maintenance
8 hour shifts/hourly wage/competitive wages
To be successful as a taxi driver, you should be punctual, reliable, and excellent at time management. An outstanding taxi driver will ensure that the vehicle remains stocked with supplies that may be of interest to clients, which includes items such as daily papers.
- Collecting clients at the start of their journey.
- Assisting clients with the loading and unloading of their baggage and other personal belongings, as needed.
- Starting and stopping the taximeter at the correct times.
- Selecting the fastest route to the client’s destination, unless otherwise requested.
- Driving clients to their destinations.
- Informing clients of services and attractions that may be of interest to them.
- Adhering to road regulations.
- Ensuring that clients remain safe throughout the journey.
- Processing cash payments, ensuring that you carry sufficient change at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle remains clean and in excellent working condition.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid license or permit to transport passengers.
- Clear criminal record.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with GPS software.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work shifts, on weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
Must be reliable and dependable with good hygiene
Assist people with disabilities in and out of vehicle
Speak with others using clear and professional language
Knowledge of the city of Swift Current and/or ability to use GPS system
Observe and Maintain all safety rules while driving.
Operate vehicle in a safe and courteous manner by utilizing proper defensive driving techniques;
Drive people politely and safely to their destination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
Experience is preferred but willing to train the right individuals
Zero tolerance for drug or alcohol use
As per city Bylaw, there is no smoking in our cabs.
Mandatory for cab drivers are:
Clean driving abstract
Class 5 license
Clean Certified Criminal Record Check
Endorsement from the City of Swift Current
Must be able to become Youth Certified
City Wide Cabs
City Wide Cabs